Ever wondered what color curtains go with sage green walls? Maybe you’ve recently painted and now you’re stuck deciding on the perfect window treatment/color option to complement your beautiful new paint job.
Well…. fear not! There are actually A LOT of curtain colors that go with sage green walls – similarly, depending on the vibe you are going for, there are a lot of window treatment options to choose from too! Read on for the ultimate sage green wall window treatment inspiration.
1. Clean Crisp White
Probably the simplest (and safest!) option is white. It’s clean, crisp and provides a beautiful contrast for your sage green walls. For minimal, Scandi-chic vibes, you can’t go wrong with a pair of bright white light filtering or semi-sheer curtains or shades.
- Light Filtering Cellular Shade in Snow Drift – Home Depot
- Sheer Rod Pocket Single Curtain Panel in White – Wayfair
- Sheer Grommet Curtain Panels (Set of 2) in White – Wayfair
- Crushed Sheer Curtain Panel in White – Target
- Velvet Solid Blackout Thermal Rod Pocket Curtain in Porcelain White – Wayfair
- Custom 2″ Faux Wood Venetian Blind in Classic White – Home Depot
2. Linen/Beige/Oatmeal/Natural/Off White
Natural tones like linen and beige add warmth and texture and look stunning paired against bright white window trim and sheers. Don’t be afraid to layer your window treatments for the ultimate pulled-together look (not to mention added privacy!).
- Jacquard Curtain Panel in Pebble – Target
- Linen Light Filtering Curtain Panels in Natural – Target
- Sheer Grommet Curtain Panels (Set of 2) in Taupe – Wayfair
- Stonewashed Semi Sheer Curtain in Beige – Target
- Crushed Semi-Sheer Curtain Panels (Set of 2) in Natural – Wayfair
- Blackout Roller Shade in Natural – Wayfair
3. Soft Gray
Too many white or black accents in your sage green space already? Why not opt for soft gray curtains or shades instead? The right shade of gray will complement your green walls rather than compete with them and will subsequently allow your other contrasting accents to shine.
4. Charcoal/Dark Gray/Black
For a moodier feel in your sage green room opt for darker hues like charcoal, dark gray and black. Not only will they change the vibe considerably but they’re also better at blocking light (great for late risers, and added privacy).
- 1″ Light Filtering Mini Blind in Black – Amazon
- Semi-Sheer Grommet Curtain Panels in Black – Wayfair
- Sheer Rod Pocket Curtain Panels in Black – Wafair
- Linen Light Filtering Curtain Panels in Dark Gray – Target
- Solid Blackout Thermal Grommet Curtain Panel – Wayfair
- Custom 1% Light Filtering Roller Shade in Black – Wayfair
5. Mustard Yellow
Feeling brave and want to add a pop of bright, bold contrasting color to your sage green room? How about mustard yellow?! Definite Mid-Century Modern vibes if you ask us.
6. Hunter Green/Emerald Green/Teal
Green on green… yes, it can work! The trick is to opt for a color a few shades darker than what you have on your walls. Colors like Hunter Green, Forest Green, Emerald and even dark teal pair beautifully with soft sage green walls and really help ground a space to complete a look.
7. Soft Pastel Pink/Peach/Blush
Love pastels? How about pairing your soft sage green walls with peachy pink or blush curtains! They’re fun, feminine and just a bit flirty!
If you enjoyed this post...
Any/all paint names for images featured above have been sourced via Instagram (comments/captions/re-shares by paint brands) and blog posts from the images’ respective copyright owners. They should be used as a guide and source of inspiration only.